Goal setting is a technique that can be very powerful and can result in some great returns in all areas of your personal and professional life. At a very simple level, goal setting lets you determine where it is that you want to go in life.
When you know what it is that you want to achieve you can set goals and focus on taking the steps to make them a reality. On a more complex level, goal setting can be a vision that is long term and comes with the motivation to change your entire life.
When you set goals that are clearly defined you’ll be able to measure them and feel proud as you achieve each one. Forward progress for small goals is crucial so that you can find motivation for your bigger goals. Some of the things that you accomplish when you set goals include:
• An increase in your improvement level.
• An increase in satisfaction for what you accomplish.
• A feeling of pride for achieving personal and professional goals.
• An improvement in your self-confidence.
• Fewer attitudes that are holding you back from being happy.
Studies show that when people effectively set goals they suffer less from anxiety and stress. An increase in self-confidence helps them to concentrate more fully on their personal and professional lives.