How can you detox your body yourself at home without purchasing a system or spending money on special drinks and juices? There are things you can do yourself at home that are virtually free to detoxify or in preparation and addition to the body detox program you are already on. The best time to begin any detox program is when you have the time to devote to it and when you have the opportunity to be alone or at least to relax around your home without commitments and other interruptions.
Because a body detox is supposed to be a time to relax. Also because many people tend to be more emotional or have moodiness; you will want to limit your social activities as much as possible during this period.
A good suggestion is to do your free detox on the weekend and begin by having a relaxing Friday. Eat a light diet throughout the day and begin cutting out coffee, tea, sodas and other items out of your diet. You will also want to drink at least 3 liters of water throughout the day. When trying to drink this water, it is usually easier to make it un-chilled.
Skin brushing is another technique that is simple and easy to do at home and will give you the same effect as a spa treatment. Make sure your skin is dry so brush before a bath and before bed is probably a nice relaxing time to do it.
Skin brushing stimulates the lymphatic system and encourages the expulsion of toxins.
• Brush your feet, toes and soles and then the front and back of your legs. Always brush upwards and towards the groin.
• Brush your buttocks and lower back using upward strokes. Reach the best you can unless you have someone to help you (and feel comfortable with someone helping).
• Brush your hands and arms towards your armpits.
• Brush across your shoulders and down the chest towards the heart (avoid your nipples).
• Brush the back of your neck with downward strokes.
• Using a circular, clockwise motion, brush your abdominal and stomach area.
The next day begin your fasting, juice diet, detox system, etc as planned. You can also keep a journal, perform breathing exercises and other techniques to help enhance the total effects of your body detox.