Skin brushing is another technique that is simple and easy to do at home and will give you the same effect as a spa treatment.
Make sure your skin is dry so brush before a bath and before bed is probably a nice relaxing time to do it.
Skin brushing stimulates the lymphatic system and encourages the expulsion of toxins.
• Brush your feet, toes and soles and then the front and back of your legs. Always brush upwards and towards the groin.
• Brush your buttocks and lower back using upward strokes. Reach the best you can unless you have someone to help you (and feel comfortable with someone helping).
• Brush your hands and arms towards your armpits.
• Brush across your shoulders and down the chest towards the heart (avoid your nipples).
• Brush the back of your neck with downward strokes.
• Using a circular, clockwise motion, brush your abdominal and stomach area.
The next day begin your fasting, juice diet, detox system, etc as planned.
You can also keep a journal, perform breathing exercises and other techniques to help enhance the total effects of your body detox.