‘Time is money’ – it may sound a cliché but it is most appropriate in the context of what we are talking about. That is to say that by effective time management alone can you achieve all that you want to in life. There are several people who lag far behind others in life only because they think they do not have time enough to accomplish all that they have wanted to. On the other hand there are others who manage to achieve the same goals, and much more, by simply knowing what to do and when. Therefore, it is needless to say that time and its proper use is very important. One can never over emphasize the importance of effective time management to achieve one’s goals.
The following is a quick list of the things you need to keep in mind while managing your time and drawing up a schedule in order to make the most of the time you have in hand:
- Set goals for short periods of time at a time. Do not indulge in drawing up elaborate plans that you may not be able to complete
- Goals must be specific in nature. Merely deciding that ‘I want my business to succeed’ or ‘I want to be happy in life’ will not do. You need to have specific aims in mind. Tangible results are always little things that add up to give you over all mental satisfaction
- Set goals every day. Keep daily goals, weekly goals, annual goals, and so on. Diving you goals into short and long term goals helps you to know how much time you have in hand to finish those tasks
- Divide a task into several sub tasks that are easily manageable. Now decide upon the time you are willing to send behind each sub task. This makes the entire process of completion of work much simple and makes sure it takes place on time
- Make sure to follow your schedule. This may be difficult at first, but one you realize that the schedule is bearing a result if you persist at it, it will eventually become a habit.
- Make sure you complete a task before moving on to the next one. Unfinished jobs have a bad psychological impact. Completed tasks on the other hand give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Prioritize your jobs in order to determine the amount of time you are willing to give each of them
- Be optimistic in your outlook. Formulate plans with the notion that you are giving it your best shot.