Whenever building up a team to make it work efficiently one thing which you should keep in mind is team spirit. All of your high ideals for the team will work only if that is right. Your employees will give their maximum for any enterprise only if they are emotionally involved in the process and you have managed to gain their trust. Dedication is the root. If dedication on the part of your employees is absent then no matter how huge your infrastructure or customer range nothing will be of help. Dedication is what makes your employee feel that his and your goals are the same and that both will gain from the successful completion of the same. It will ultimately make a huge difference in matters of meaningful work. After all the strength of your group lies in its unity and dedication will never come if there is no unity.
Today even smaller companies are trying to as well as making it large in business only with the help of their unity and collaboration among the workers. All the companies strive to be the one on the top and now there are many companies available for doing one particular job. So each company competes with the other to produce something that is better than what the other companies might produce. In this race the company which will invest in producing a good, efficient, united and dedicated team will be the one to be the winner.
Here we have discussed certain points of building team unity which will help bring and maintain the unity among your employees even in this selfish world where everyone thinks in terms of me and mine.
1. Bring about a feeling of co-operation among your workers and keep a lookout for backlogs like inefficiency and bureaucracy which can hamper this co-operative mentality.
2. Build up a good relation among the company and its employees by interacting freely with them. At times allow your team to work autonomously and do not pressurize your employees unnecessarily.
3. Healthy working environment which has an air of humor and frolic in it is conducive to making your employee work proficiently than before. Be lenient and abstain from creating tension in your workers as it might lessen determination on the part of your employee.
4. Share your snacks or a cup of coffee with the workers. This will bring them closer to you. Telling them about your struggles to reach the position you are in will also be a morale booster for them and boost them to work harder.
5. Prevent miscommunication as much as possible and always congratulate your team publicly for any success. This way they will be proud of themselves as well of their leader.
6. Instill the slogan of “WE WILL WIN” into the minds of your workers.
Follow these steps and you will surely be successful in drawing your team into a better and hardworking spirit of unity than before.