Jim Rohn says there are about half a dozen things or so that you need to master anyone task or situation. Over the years I found this to be true. Below is the list of the top five areas that anyone who wants to live a successful life must keep track of.
1. Your Physical fitness level – This is probably the most important thing that must be watched over all others and here’s why.
If you are unhealthy, you will be in no shape to serve others. If you can’t make it up the stairs to make that sales call, you will miss the sale. If you can’t go outside and play soccer with your daughter, you miss the important bonding time.
Physical fitness is probably the most important thing that you have to pay attention to in any life of success. Here are a couple of questions that you have address:
Are you at your ideal weight for your height? Make sure to get this information from your doctor.
Is your cholesterol levels where they should be to maintain proper cardiovascular health? Again this is a question that you have to address with your doctor.
Is your body fat measurements in line with you height and weight? Check with your doctor.
Dealing with your health and making sure you are fit to serve those who you serve is vitally important.
2. Are you serving the right market place? – This can be measured by your level of job satisfaction. You have certain strengths and abilities that if you focus your time and efforts on bring great results to those you serve and in turn provide you with satisfaction for the time you spend. If you wake up and dread the day you are about to face at work and this is a repeating trend, you need to get out of that line of work.
Working in the wrong market for your skills and abilities is one of the biggest waste of times that a human being can do. You see it everyday, when you deal in the market place. People with sullen expressions on their face, visibly very unhappy with what they are doing.
A great resource to check out to find out where your unique talents and abilities will best serve the market place is located at http://www.kolbe.com . The Kolbe test is designed to give you a profile of careers that your unique skills will serve the best.
3. Your Finances – Are you saving money for your future? Are you saving a certain percentage of your income? Or are you spending more than you make?
Money is one of those things that you have to master in order to live a successful life. More marriages are ruined over arguing about money.
Don’t be fooled by by the sayings like:
“We may not be rich but we’re happy.”
“Money is the root of all evil.”
It actually says, “The love of Money is the root of all evil.”
This is probably the area that most people have problems with. I remember sitting in a meeting at my first full time job and the person in the front of the room going over some numbers. Saying that if I saved a certain amount of money per week for a certain amount of time, I would be able to retire and not have to worry about money again.
Did I do it? NO! But in hind sight or knowing what I know now I certainly would have followed that sage advise.
So the key here is to start early and save as much as you can.
4. Your Relationships – Are you a good friend? Are you a good wife or husband? Are you a good father or mother?
The way you relate with others is extremely important. If people are not looking for you, you need to correct this. If your opinion is not valued, you need to correct this.
The way to maximize your relationships is to become genuinely interested in those around you. Become aware of the interests of those around you.
You may be saying, “John, but what about me?” If you do this, you will have more people interested in your interest than you can shake a stick at.
Become a good friend, Become a good husband or wife, Become a good father or mother.
5. Your Relationship with your Creator – I happen to believe in God. I know that when I live based on the principles of non judgement and accepting things as they currently are, my life seems to be more peaceful.
I believe God has made a perfect universe governed by principles that work with scientific and mathematical precision, and that coupled by Einstein’s theory that matter can not be created or destroyed, means that everything is exactly as it should be at that moment.
For us to work within the Laws means for us to control and focus our thoughts and actions on what we want and off of what we don’t want. And as we take action towards our desires and continue to focus and move towards them, they will move towards us.
And they won’t come a minute before we deserve them.
I hope you find this useful and I am interested in your thoughts on this matter.
Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
P.S. Make sure to pass this on to anyone you know who can use this information and make sure to visit http://www.habitbustingsystem.com and start to make this a habitual way of acting today!