Yesterday I wrote a post about smart goals. Check it out at http://www.lifetosuccess.com/?p=991 .
When you look at success and living successfully, the bigger the goals you set for yourself the bigger your success becomes.
Goal Setting is one of the areas that you you must become a master of if you are going to reach any great level of success.
Yesterdays post explored SMART goals and the details behind goals that make sense.
In todays post I want to explore the neccessity of setting a balanced set of goals.
Goal setting in one area of your life only will set you off balance which is not a good thing.
Goals in balance is key to success and successful living.
So what areas of your life should you have a balanced set of goals:
1. Career Goals – What do you want to do that will make use of your best talents and abilities? What business would you like to start?
2. Financial Goals – How much money would you like to have in savings? How much money would you like to have at retirement time?
3. Relationship Goals – How much time would you like to spend with your spouse and children? Is there a fractured relationship that you need to rebuild?
4. Educational Goals – Are you updating and keeping your skills sharp in order to produce results that others are looking for? Do you want a degree in medicine or a law degree?
5. Spiritual Goals – This is an area that is personal with most but are you making goals in this area that are important to you?
This will give you a balanced approach to goal setting and no matter what area that you are working on make sure that you are passing them through the SMART goals formula.
Living a life of success is certainly a challenge but one that is worth the time and energy. A balanced goal setting program with a balanced set of goals that are worked through the smart goals formula and you are well on your way.
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
P.S. Make sure to pass this onto everyone you know who can use this information.