There are success principles that, when applied, work for everyone regardless of who you are or where you come from. The key here is to make sure that you are working with the success principles and not against them.
Note: This is a lot easier said then done but the people who are capable of bending themselves into applying the success principles described below can achieve great things with their lives.
1. Desire – This is the starting point of any successful endeavor. Your desire for something outside of your current position is where all success starts. This is a normal and natural thing. If we are capable of desiring something, we have the power within ourselves to coordinate our activities in a way that will bring about the thing we desire.
2. Price to be paid for the desire – Contrary to the current media culture that would like you to believe that there is a way of getting “Something for nothing”, there is a price to be paid for everything that you truly desire to get.
This is point where the plan has to be made for what you are going to do in return for what you desire.
Personal example: I have a desire to live my life in a healthy way and lose the unhealthy weight that I have put on over the last 20 years or so. It would have been very easy for me to look at the TV and find a way that I could lose weight with little effort but I know better then that.
My plan was to change the way I eat and increase my physical activity on a daily basis.
I bought an ebook called Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle and I set up a healthy diet plan and a work out plan.
3. Take Action on the Plan – There will never be a perfect time to start taking action on your desire and it is important to get going immediately on the actions that will move you towards your desire.
Back to my example: It took me about two weeks to pour over the information from the eBook that I bought but I knew that I had to get going on the plan as soon as possible.
So I started to go the gym and started doing cardio exercise for an hour everyday. I went to the store and started to buy whole grain foods, fish and chicken for protein and fruits and vegetables. And that is what I started to eat.
I did not have the perfect plan before I got started.
4. Seek advise from those who have done this before you – This is extremely important. There are people who have knowledge that will help us reach any possible desire we may have.
I chose two experts in the areas that I needed help with to help start moving towards my desire.
Tom Venuto wrote the the great eBook, Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle, and I know that it has helped many people reach their fitness goals.
The other thing I knew was that I needed to work on some the habitual ways of thinking and acting that has caused to be on a yo-yo diet cycle for the last 20 years, so I went to Lee Milteer and her Habit Busting System to help me with some of the thinking habits that had caused me to go up and down with weight.
I thank God that I did because when I got down to a weight that I had achieved before, I found a thought pattern that had been rattling around in my head that I am certain had caused me go up and down with the weight in the past.
Thanks to the Habit Busting System, I was able to become conscious of this thought and take action to change this limiting thought. It was such a great moment for me.
5. Adjust to the feedback – When you start to take action, you will start to get some feedback. This could come from a lot of different areas. Your thoughts, the thoughts of others. Your reluctance to get out of your comfort zone. People reluctant to your change. People want you to stay just the same so THEY don’t have to change.
If you are not moving towards your desire, you will have to take different action.
If you are moving towards your desire, keep going and continue to find ways to accelerate the progress.
This process can help with any area in your life that you desire change. But make sure that you only apply this to changes that you desire for yourself. When you try to apply this to others, it doesn’t work and ends up having a decreasing effect.
I hope you find this useful!
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,