First off, I would like to apologize for my lack of posting lately. I was feeling under the weather lately and except for the essentials of living, I wasn’t doing much else.
But it is that time of year again…
Christmas time. As a Christian this is a very special time of year, as this holiday signifies the birth of of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
I was thinking about it this morning. There are only two holidays that are celebrated over the whole world, obviously Christmas and the other is Easter Sunday both are marked by significant events for those who have accepted the gift that is available to ALL from God.
It is amazing though how this holiday is marked with lots of stress as well.
- The stress of black friday, getting out there to fight the lines for the limited specials that the stores are offereing.
- The stress of getting from this Christmas party to that Christmas party.
- The stress of trying to get the perfect gift for your loved ones.
- The stress of feeling obligated to get gifts for those around you when you don’t really have the financial resources available.
- The stress of not knowing what to get your man. If he likes hunting you could get him a rangefinder for hunting this will help make his shots more accurate.
- Many teenagers and adults alike spend their weekends hunting. Today, the best air rifles and pellet guns on the market ever for you can be extremely powerful and more sophisticated as compared to the past models produced in the last two years
You want to know where I feel the most stress comes from…
Forgetting what this holiday was really meant to celebrate. The birth of Jesus Christ. The greatest gift that we were ever given.
The only person born, who is perfect.
The only person who was born that has the ability to save us and give us ever lasting life.
The only person that we have to look to as an example of how to live our lives as God wants us to live our lives.
The only person who was sent to this earth to die for… YOU and me!
The only person who we have to accept that will provide us all the help we need, if we only choose to acknowledge Him as our Lord and Savior.
This year, I have a completely different view of Christmas, thanks to many great people that have influenced me in wonderful ways this year.
And as, “Tis’ the season to be jolly…”, I am looking at this as a season to be grateful.
The wonderful gift that God has provided for all of us, if we only choose to accept Him.
Everything that God has done in my life, even though none of it I deserve.
Everything that God will continue to do for me, in spite of all my short comings.
For the unending love that He has for me, again even though I don’t deserve it.
For everyday that He gives me to make a difference and to try and practice unconditional love and to help others find the love that God has provided for me.
I think there is a song that says something like, “I wish everyday was like Christmas…”, well I think that we can make everyday like Christmas, if we choose to serve and love the Lord and to serve and love those around us as the Lord loves us.
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
God Bless You!