As far as I am concerned, Christmas is a wonderful gift that should be reflected in our lives everyday.
Christmas is one of the holidays that is celebrated all over the world. It is celebrated by billions of people every year whether they believe in Jesus Christ or not. But let’s not forget why we have this holiday, IT IS to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, who was put on this earth to provide an example of the life that we should strive to live and to pay the price for our sins so that we may go to heaven.
And heaven had a price tag on it that we could not pay ourselves, but Jesus did that on the cross and His blood washed away our sins and was the bridge that we needed in order to get to be with our heavenly Father.
All we need to do is accept this wonderful gift that Jesus made possible for us… and on Saturday, we will be celebrating His birth.
But how do we make Christmas a part of our lives everyday?
Well when we accept the gift of Jesus Christ in our lives, that is just the beginning of the journey.
From there, we are to start to live by the example that He provided to us while He was on this earth.
Here are a few thoughts to consider to keep Christmas a part of our everyday life:
1. Jesus never backed away from anyones need – This is illustrated in the Bible by all the miracles that He performed from the healing’s to feeding of large crowds to healing on the sabbath. He never left it to someone else.
2. Jesus spent a lot of time in prayer – Again in the Bible, Jesus was constantly in communication with the Father. His prayer was never ending.
3. Jesus was a servant – Jesus came to this earth to SERVE. And He served up the greatest thing that He had to offer and that was His life in order to save us from the eternal flames of hell. He gave His life in order for us to have eternal life with our heavenly Father.
4. Jesus focused all His efforts to glorify God – Everything that Jesus did was for the glory of God.
5. Jesus was unconditional love – Everything He did was because of His unconditional love for us.
This is just a very small list of qualities that Jesus used to provide us the example to live a Godly life but…
How do you think your life would change if you were to start practicing some of these qualities in your life?
How do you think that the life of those around you would change if you were practicing these qualities?
Recently, I have been making a conscious effort to look at everyone in a unconditional loving way and it has opened my eyes in a dramatic ways. The quality of the relationships with the people I know have become better.
Strangers smile at me more often.
I am openly more helpful to others.
I don’t say this to pat myself on the back. I only say this because, as I focus on my efforts on doing things to glorify God, I find that I get back in like manner. And if I don’t get back in like manner, I double my efforts the next time and I think God will sometimes test our resolve in these things to see where our hearts truly are.
Make Christmas part of your everyday life!
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
God Bless You,