We are into day 5 of 2012, and again, I am hoping this message finds you with a lot of WHITE hot desire to make your New Year’s resolution a reality.
I have been writing quite a bit lately about this subject and it has been a little scattered so with this message I will hit the key points that will give you the edge to making sure that you make your New Year’s resolutions a reality instead of a pipe dream.
Here we go:
1. Write it down – The fact that you write your goal down already increases your odds to getting it done. There is a psychological advantage that you get when you put your goals on to paper. The act of doing this tells your subconscious mind that you are serious about getting it done.
2. Make sure that your goal or resolution is crystal clear and concise – When you make your goal or resolution clear instead of vague, your mind starts to dial in like a laser beam and gives your mind quantifiable information that you can get your mind around. If the goal is vague instead clear, your mind will spin round and round, and you will end up getting no where.
Example: “I weight 180 lbs with 15% body fat.” instead “I want to lose weight.”
Clarity is a key to goal achievement.
3. Write Down the Plan to get there – There are some things that you are going to have to that are different then what you are doing now to get to your goal. Again these are best written down with clear detailed descriptions to each task. This does’t have to be perfect!!
4. Take Action!! – There is a Divine principle that goes to work here. When you work towards your goal, your goal starts to move towards you.
There is a tendency to wait to take action until the plan is perfect but there is no perfect plan. So get moving right away on your goals, the minute you get it down on paper, do something, do anything, just start moving towards it.
5. Seek help – #1. From God. #2 From people who have gone before you in the goal that you are looking to reach.
There are many places to go for help.
1. CD or DVD programs
4. Coaching Programs
6. Pay attention to your thinking – This is one that is often glossed over but this is one of the most important factors to the success of your goals. You have some thoughts that are rolling around in your head with regards to the goal. This is exactly why you are where you are.
The key here is to listen very carefully to the subtle thoughts that happen to be rolling around in your mind just under your conscious thoughts.
These are the thoughts that help create the reality that you are experiencing.
Let’s take a look at an example:
Let’s say that you suffer from excessive weight and this has been a struggle for you.
Let’s say when you were young, you had a family that encouraged people to eat everything on their plate, which was not uncommon for people who came out of the depression. They didn’t want anything to go to waste… period!! So as a kid you were told that you were not to leave the table until your plate was empty. Well as you grew up this just happened to be part of your way of being and from that point forward, you didn’t get up from the table until your plate was empty no matter how full it was.
As you can see this would add a lot of calories to you over a lifetime.
Or maybe your were told that you were skinny and you didn’t like being called skinny so you eventually got un-skinny but in a non-healty manner.
These are just a couple of examples but these can occur with any area that you are looking to change.
But until you get to the root cause of why you are where you are, the change will be short lived.
7. Never give up – The fact is, you will NEVER reach your goal if you give up. If you give up, you will simply fail and that will be the end of it. But if you keep pressing forward, you will eventually stumble upon the thinking that is creating the results in your life in a manner that you will be able to change it. But only if you keep moving forward.
Over the next week or two I will be having some guest bloggers that will be writing in the areas of finance and fitness. I hope you will find the information useful.
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
God Bless You,