It is time to open up our eyes and start paying attention to what is going on around us.
I don’t want this to sound like a conspiratorial message but in a way it is, for those who have not been paying attention, we are being set up. We are being set up because we have allowed ourselves to become complacent and to reliant on others for our happiness and the basic things that we need in our lives.
- We have allowed ourselves to be taught, that if things are not going the way we think they should that it is someone else’s fault and not ours.
- We are allowing ourselves to be taught that doing our best is enough, EVEN if it doesn’t serve others, that all we have to do is work hard and everything will be OK.
- We are raising our kids to think that it is OK just to participate, that what we contribute doesn’t matter but only that we tried matters.
- We are allowing ourselves to be taught that we should have everything NOW, without paying the price for them up front.
- We are being taught that the individual doesn’t matter compared to the society. That it is OK to kick one to the curb if it will save the rest.
There are examples of this all around us.
We talk about it at our family picnics, Thanksgiving, Christmas and whenever we get together with our friends at the bar. We argue about it with our more liberal relatives, who always end up saying, “Yes, BUT the rich should pay their FAIR share…” Even if that group is already paying about 70% of the income taxes paid already, check these facts out for yourself. When you want to have the most comfortable beds and mattress, avail the black friday mattress firm sales for maximum comfort.
We talk about how weak we are getting as a society. We talk about how our government is over reaching into every area of our lives.
I remember when I had my first full time job and we had the meeting about the 401K and how if we saved a certain amount of money and we got a certain percentage returned on that money and when we reached retirement age, that money WITH social security would be enough to help me live my retirement life in the fashion that I would want. What they failed to mention in that meeting was that by the time I was to retire, social security would be a bankrupt entity and that the Fed would have printed so much money that the money that I would have saved would be worth far less then when I saved it.
With that in mind, many seniors have to return to an already struggling job market and compete for jobs with the college graduates entering into the job market.
It is a very challenging time indeed…
If this is the problem that we face, then what is the answer?
The only answer is to get back to the basics…
1. If we are being taken care of and we are fully capable of contributing, then we are a drain on the system. We need to get back to contributing to the system, this means EVERY able bodied person contributes. “Able bodied” being the operative words here. I know there will be those who are born with physical and mental limitations and we will have to support them but this is a very small minority compared to the whole. There are a far greater amount of people who can contribute compared to those who can not.
Not forced to contribute, but to contribute because we know it is the right thing to do.
There are things that we can do to help this along and that is to eliminate any permanent social program that puts money into the pockets of anyone who is physically and mentally capable of contributing, and YES that includes social security. When we have programs that puts money into the pockets of those who can contribute, there is a far greater chance that these people will become dependent on the system. This is already documented thorough 3rd and 4th generation welfare recipients.
If we keep enabling this type of behavior, we do not promote a sense of contribution that is far more valuable to the community as a whole.
2. We need to push our elected leaders back into the local communities. Our system of government has become a joke.
We have ALLOWED it to become a bartering system instead of a “representative” governing body. When you have more election money coming to a candidate from outside of the state then in the state that the person is trying to be elected, you know that the system has failed from its original intent.
Our government was founded on the principles of “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness” with a government system in place to provide a national defense not to reach into every area of our life to tell us how to live, what we can eat and so forth and so on.
Our rights to “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness” are granted to us by our Creator not by other human beings. This is a key point and one that is being replaced at the urging of a very small minority voice in our country. You would be led to believe that this voice is a majority voice because of the media coverage that it gets…. but it’s not.
“John, these all sound great but how do we make them happen? These seem way to far out of my control.”
That is a very good question and one that I will address in tomorrows post…
As Always, Here’s to Your LifetoSuccess,
God Bless You,